THE CASE PRELIMINARY TASK

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Editing Session - Thursday Period 2 +3

Today I had an editing session alone which will become kind of normal for me as my private studies differ from the rest of the group. It felt awkward just making decisions without consolting my group but I just got on with it and managed to do/learn quite a few things.

-I practiced my key framing when using titles which I have become very good at and now understand completely how it all works. I impliented blurs/motion in to a title sequence and in my opinion it looked quite good, however, I dont know how the group thought it looked. I made the title blur on to screen, change to normal, as this was happening it was slowly brought forward on the screen and then simply faded out. I thought it looked quite stylish lol.

-I realised there wasn't too much I could do with the re-shoot footage and decided to tweak the sequence to a little better. I made the cut where the actor Jon sits down in his office a lot smoother.

-I made the flashback shot of the note longer as our feedback said that they couldn't read what was on it in time.

-I noticed that as the villain walks through the wooden door he slams it and that sound doesn't carry on to the next shot, and therefore I split the video from audio and extened the audio creating a sound bridge, which worked very well.

-I looked at different fonts and familiarised myself with the title creation process and learn't all the options it gives you when creating font.

Matt

0 comments: